I use to think that happiness was a burden. Trying to be happy would be tiring and a waste of time but moreover fake. I was wrong. I now understand by what people mean when they say ‘Happiness is a choice’ because it is. Either you can cry and be depressed about your life and make things worse for you or you can just smile! Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing. You've got two eyes to see the beauty of the world, a mouth to say what you feel, a nose to smell the fragrance of your dreams, two ears to hear laughter, two hands to help change the world, two legs to travel to every nook and cranny the world has, the list can go on and on. My Mother says constantly to be grateful and thankful; I never really wanted to understand because somehow the depths of despair and sorrow seemed more compelling than being happy and just happy. I guess we all need a little push in our lives to see the actual beauty of the world and what it beholds and the best kind of push is a simple smile J
That’s why I’ve made a list of resolutions, or rather thoughts that I’m going to try to implement into my life. Hopefully somehow they’ll help someone else.
1. Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumblebee, the sunshine and the smiling faces. Smell the rain and feel the wind. Live your life to its fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.
2. Never assume your prefect. No one can be perfect. If you’re perfect, you’re dead. Perfection is that when you no longer have the need to grow, change or dream, when you have contentment with yourself. Never be content with yourself, always have the will to change. Nothing is constant but change.
3. Always have the passion to evolve, grow, learn and explore.
4. Be the absolute best in what you do. If you’re going to do something you love you might as well be the best in it.
5. You were born to stand out. Stop trying to fit in so bad.
6. Everyone is human. Persist.
7. Be the change you want to see in the world – Gandhi.
8. Without action, you are not going anywhere.
9. Never stop dreaming. Stop dream basically means to become robot.
10. Learn to love yourself, because in the end only you are there for yourself.
11. Grab the opportunities which seem worth it.
12. Forget the past. Remember it only when you need a slap on the face for what you were and a hug for who you are now.
13. Smile. Somehow it all get’s better, I promise.
14. Have faith and believe in tomorrow.
15. Keep working hard and you can get anything that you want. If God gave you the talent, you should go for it. But don’t think it’s going to be easy. It’s hard!
16. Remember you’re still young and you have a long way to go. Time to fit into who you are, time to learn what you love, time to explore and discover just take one step at a time.
17. When you hate it all and nothing seems right. When you feel like a mistake and pathetic. When you try you’re best but you don’t succeed just remember you’re here for a purpose, find it.
18. Please know that there are much better things in life than being lonely or liked or bitter or mean or self conscious. There are the most fantastic, beautiful things and people out there, I promise. It’s up to you to find them.
19. Try to make someone smile in a day. It’ll make you smile.
20. Have a smile that could light up the entire world.
21. Never hold regret, guilt or malice for anyone or anything. Whatever happens to us was already destined and happened for a reason. Learn from it and move on.
22. Free your heart from hatred.
23. Free your mind from worries.
24. Live simply.
25. Give more.
26. Expect less.
27. Never, never, never give up. Trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, you can never go wrong.
"When yesterday was a disappointment and today isn't better, remember there's always a tomorrow, so make it something to look forward to and smile."