Friday, February 7, 2014

Things that were adored in the month of January (and a bit of February!)


Favourites time! Though I am extremely late I thought why not join January and "at the moment" favourites together?  

Beauty: I don't know about you, but when I go to work I like to have a fresh face that not only wakes me up but gives me that wee little amount of confidence. In January and continuing this month I have been adoring Maybelline's Rocket Volume in Blackest Black - um, amazing eyelashes anyone? This stuff is "da bomb", sufficed to say. It hardly clumps and gives the longest, thickest and blackest eyelashes ever. Love. MUA's PowerPout in "Crazy in Love" has been my only go-to lip product of the months. Holy Moly, this is my holy grail lip product - super moisterizing, beautiful color, minty scent and a fun crayon design. In the wise words of Sheldon Cooper: Bazinga! Milani's Baked Blush in "Luminoso" has also made it's way to my everyday work face regime. You can read my full review here. Maybelline's Baby Lips in "Cherry Me" has been my lipbalm of choice and why shouldn't it? Super mositerizing and a tint of color, it's worth spending a few pennies for. And lastly a make up brush I found in a drugstore, no name but an amazing find. It's an angled, flat top brush which picks up a hell lot of product and blends really well. Yay.

Hair: My hair was a bit boring and lousy for a while, mainly because I have stopped using so mnay hair products, I thought my hair needed a well-deserved breather. But then it got dry and I wasn't loving it, so I decided to pick up the Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Smooth & Shine Serum (sheesh what a mouthful) and boy, am I loving it. For starters, it smells heavenly and to top it off it works like a dream. 

Reads: I haven't been able to actually sit and read in a while, call it procrastination or just life, but reading a book becomes one of the hardest task to accomplish once you start working, as soon as my head meets my pillow I just cannot stay awake to read for the life of me. I'm a terrible person. But, nevertheless, I have been on the pursuit to finish The Hobbit. I'm halfway through and can I just say - Thorin I want to hug you. The movies are spectacular. I have now joined the LOTR fandom - I should probably add that to my resume, right?

TV Shows: I have to thank my brother for this one. I'm hooked so bad I can't help it. TV shows are a plague but the best plague ever. For the past two weeks I have been in love (and I mean in love) with Suits


My genre in TV shows is all over the place. For crying out loud I watch a Time Lord travelling the ends of the universe in a blue police box and a super hot socio path detective - what I mean to say, I have a pure love for TV shows. 
Suits is just one of those shows that reels you in every second. And the fact that it has Gabriel Macht who play's a serious yet adorable bigshot, badass lawyer may be the sole reason I love it. Kinda. This show has it all. Drama, romance and hot men.  Yes freaking please. Go on watch it, I dare you! (PS. #harveyandscotty EEP!)

Music: One Direction's Midnight Memories blew me away. They sound much more mature and the lyrics aren't all bubblegum pop, which is great. I've also be listening to Bastille - love Pompeii. Other than that Ed's I See Fire has been on repeat every single day. 
You can listen to all of these songs and other's here

What shows have you been loving lately? Let me know!  

No comments:

Post a Comment