Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Beauty | The post in which I haul things.

                         

Over the past month I bought some things that I thought I'd share and do a small review of some of the products I have used. 
        All the beauty items (make up & nail polishes) were ordered for Just4Girls, an online beauty shop here in Pakistan. The service was alright considering it was  Ramadan and a couple of days before Eid when I had placed my order. So let's get cracking!

1. Vineyard Peach Body Butter from The Body Shop - Rs. 1700

What The Body Shop says: Hydration for dry skin. 
So I finally bought the Vineyard Peach Body Butter for TBS and it smells delicious and is moisturizing. When I first applied it, it had a thick consistency but after a few more applications it really does do the job quite well. 

2. adidas Hydrating Shower Gel in relax flower bouquet soothing - Rs. 250

What adidas says: adidas Hydrating Shower Gel line helps to maintain your skin's natural balance and awaken you're senses. 
You can tell I adore things that smell ah-mazing and one whiff of this would get any flower scent loving person on it's bandwagon. I haven't used it as yet but finger's crossed on the results.

3. Suave Professionals Color Protection Shampoo & Conditioner - Rs. 295 each
Living in Pakistan, specifically in Karachi, a problem from the million of problems that arise is that it is so hard to find a shampoo and conditioner duo and if one does find it, they seem to disappear next time you go to buy the same thing. However the Suave hair care line is readily available. I had used this duo the first time I highlighted my hair and the results were fantastic - but being new to the hair color situation I went on to use Herbal Essence which wasn't a good idea. So when I came across this again I decided to try it out once more since I need a color boost and this duo does a great job. Highly recommend it! 

4. NX Nail Laquar in Atlantis and London Baby - Rs 100/ 150 each; Color Studio Top Coat and Base Coat - Rs. 250 each; Catrice Cosmetics in Sold Out Forever - Rs. 750 *Products were ordered from Just4Girls website (I paid for them.)

The NX polishes have a watery consistently and London Baby (which is the sheer pale pink) is very opaque and needs at least 4 to 5 coats to see a visible color however Atlantis is the perfect shade of blue but again, is opaque and needs a couple of coats for visibility.
     The Color Studio Top Coat and Base Coat are worth the money. I use to use Essence's Gel Look Top Coat but it started to get sticky after a couple of months of use. 
     I have yet to use the Catrice Cosmetic's nail polish but it is said to be a dupe for Chanel's Jade, so hopefully I get the perfect shade.

5.  Essence Urban Messages Lipstick in Let's Paint The Town - Rs 350; MUA lipstick in Shade 1 - Rs 200; Maybelline Baby Lips in Quenched - Rs 350

   

Let's begin with Essence. Wow. That's all I can say. I wouldn't call this a lipstick but more of a pop of color on the natural side. It gives that perfect "I just ate a popsicle" tint to your lips and is the most moisturizing lipstick I have ever used.  
    I have yet to try the MUA lipstick & shall review it. But I have tried the infmaous Maybelline Baby Lips and I'm not too impressed. Honestly it's just like any other lipbalm and frankly there isn't much that makes it different. It's a shame because I was hoping for something amazing. I still love my Vaseline. 








6. Essence Gel Eyeliner in Mindnight In Paris - Rs. 500; MUA Cover & Conceal Concealer in Natural - Rs. 200; Essence Kajal Pencil in Teddy - Rs. 150 (or Rs. 180...not entirely sure) *All products were ordered from Just4Girls (I paid for them.)

Love the gel eyeliner to bits! I have never used gel eyeliner but that's changed since I've been using this little pot of black gold (get it? Hahahaha) It's super creamy and glides on like a dream - and now a must have for me! As for the other two products, I haven't used them as yet either but shall review them in the near future hopefully!

7. Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella Rs. 1095 930 off the Liberty Books website.

Should I rave on about my Sophie Kinsella love again? I think not. But I do adore her and so far this book is as I expected funny but in a witty sense. Perfect.

So that's all for now but if you want me to review any item that I haven't, do let me know...! 


No comments:

Post a Comment